Would you believe me if I told you that only about 1% of people who set out to make money online long-term are successful!
Sadly its true, and that means that nearly 99% of people who try, fail!!
There are endless reasons why people fail to ever make money online but I believe if you avoid the Top 10 Reasons People Fail To Make Money Online you will stand a much better chance of finding success.
Top 10 Reasons People Fail To Make Money Online
1) The number one reason in my opinion that people fail to make money online is because most people are lazy, no it has nothing to do with bad luck or bad timing for these people, it is simply a work ethic issue.
People think that just because it is making money online that somehow it should be easy and should not require any effort or time on their part to be successful.
This is the main reason that online scammers are so successful and make an absolute killing promoting miracle make money online software products.
Sure everyone would like something for nothing from time to time but the reality is that there is no legitimate method for making money online that is not going to require time and effort to work.
2) They have failed to make money online in the past and now they have developed a fear of failure and never try again.
Success is a direct result of failure and is all part of the learning process.
When you were a kid trying to learn how to ride a bike without training wheels for the first time, did you ride as good as Lance Armstrong, Hell no, you fell off and hopefully only got a skint knee or elbow.
Failure hurts just like falling off that bike did, but you didn’t give up and never ride a bike again did you, nope you got up and tried again and again until you figured it all out.
Making money online is like riding a bike, you are going fall of, maybe get burned and hurt a little at first but once you figure it all out and get how the process works, you will never look back and quickly forget the days when you were first beginning.
Another quick point and then I will move on, how will you ever know what success is, until you have failed and know what failing feels like.
3) Failure to take constant action.
This is the one thing I cannot preach to you enough, it will be reason that you are successful or just another statistic of people who failed to make money online.
In order for you to be successful you must “TAKE ACTION”, what do I mean?
I do not mean for you to take action by buying every training product on the market, please do not do that!!!
I mean that you should find a reputable training program that teaches you the methods you prefer to use to make money online, study the information, take notes, really learn the techniques, and then TAKE ACTION and implement what you have learned and have the system work for you.
There are million of people out there who have a ton of make money online training systems buried away in some dark corner of their hard-drive on computer because they bought the program, either never started it or didn’t finish the training and never did anything with the information that they had right in front of them.
They still dream of someday making money online but cannot figure out how to get started, HELLO, the answer is right there in front of you.
- Pick a make money online training course, I highly recommend this as you will want someone who has been around for a while and has already figured everything out to mentor you and show you the ropes. For those of you on a budget, do not worry, there are plenty of FREE make money online training courses available.
- Read the training material, watch the videos if any, take notes, ask questions, if confused go through the material again until you have it down.
- Complete the training, if the author wanted you to skip any of it, they probably would not have put it in the program, even if you feel that you already know what they are talking about, a refresher never hurt anyone.
- Once you feel comfortable with the information, go out and TAKE ACTION on what you have learned.
4) A lot of people fail to make money online because they fell for some hyped up sales video that showed how easy making money online can be, with some miracle software that does everything for you on complete autopilot.
These sales videos normally are for some $20-$40 push button software, you know the ones that say, just turn the system on, sit back and watch the money fly into your checking accounts.
Why is everyone not already doing this if it actually worked, I would say that you would have heard about it on the news by now if a software like this actually existed but there probably wouldn’t be anyone left to report the news because everyone would already be making millions doing it and none of us would be working.
These type products are around for one reason because people keep buying them, the guys who put this garbage out are making millions preying on newbies who do not know any better.
It’s actually sad how much money these guys make, but the truth is they simple do not work!!
Top 10 Reasons Why People Fail To Make Money Online
5) Many people do not treat making money online like a business, this is a big mistake.
You should take the time to develop a solid business plan before every stepping one foot in the make money online arena or you will quickly get chewed and spit out by the more experienced veterans who have been making money online for years and know what they are doing.
6) Failure to build a list, now this only applies to certain methods in the make money online world such as internet marketing, blogging, affiliate marketing, etc but this will be the key to your overall long-term success.
Start early and try to build as big of a list as you can, treat your subscribers like gold, give them high quality content, earn their respect and you will have a list of life long customers waiting to give you money any time you ask for it.
7) Not following basic SEO techniques (Search Engine Optimization)- this applies to almost all types of make money online methods, you want your website, blog, squeeze page, eBay or Craigslist posting to be found in the search engines so that you can attract as many targeted customers as you can.
Without following basic on-page seo techniques, your attempt to attract free traffic from the search engines is likely to be a disappointment.
I have somehow stumbled upon some really good articles promoting some kick ass products but when you look at how the page was set-up, it’s no wonder why the page will never be found by anyone in the search engines, they did a great job of writing for the reader but horrible job of writing for the search engines, to get found online you have to please both the search engines and the reader.
8) Information overload- many people think that they should run out when first getting started and get as much information and training as they can.
This can be a bad thing when it comes to making money online, because before you know it, if you are joining email lists, you will have a constant flow of emails and free e-books that I know you will want t read.
The problem is that you can easily get a ton of information all at once, most of it teaching you different methods to make money online, they all start running together, you fall behind on training, your constantly checking emails, buying even more training, reading article after article, getting even more confused, WAIT STOP!!!!
Pick the one method that feels right for you, follow it through and then move on.
I normally join a list, get the free giveaways, and then quickly unsubscribe if the person is emailing me everyday or always trying to get me to buy something.
I personally will never do that, I only send emails about once a week if that, and only when I have something important to get out to you.
9) Time management is a struggle for most people who are attempting to make money online, you are already online, why not check your email, watch a few Youtube videos, check out that eBay auction you have been watching, etc.
The internet can be a huge distraction from making money online if you let it be, this is where a daily schedule and making goals for each day will be a really big help.
Here is an article I wrote awhile back but it applies to all methods of making money online: Time Management for Network Marketers
10) Failure to Find Your motivation
So why are you trying to make money online?
This is a question most people know the answer to but are not using it to motivate them to put forth the time and effort needed to be successful.
Maybe you are seeking to make money online to help support your family, to have more money to easy the stress of paying all your bills, to have more spending money, for a hobby, to supplement your retirement, to quit your job, etc.
Your reason for wanting to make money online is what is going to drive you to achieve the results you are looking for. You should right down why you want to make money online and post by your computer so that it will be there to remind you to stay on track and focus, if for family, a vacation, maybe a new car post a picture to remind you.
I am sure there are several other reasons why people fail to make money online but I believe that avoiding these top 10 reasons why affiliate marketers fail, will drastically improve your chances for success.