Saving money is a topic we have been discussing a lot here lately on Next35 and today is no different, another way for you to save money on the item you buy everyday at places like grocery stores, Wal-Mart, Target, CVS, Walgreens just to name a few with the Ibotta App.
Ibotta is a free coupon app on both Android and IOS which allows you to earn rebates on everyday items when you follow their simple system.
Ibotta how it works:
- Browse the app for rebates on items you know you are going to buy
- Unlock the rebates for these items by either answering a simple survey question, viewing a recipe or watching a video (this literally takes a couple of seconds to complete)
- Go to the store and purchase the items you unlocked rebates for.
- Open the Ibotta app and click on the item you purchased and select verify purchase.
- Scan the item’s upc bar code.
- Once you have verified all of your purchases, scan your receipt and submit for approval.
- Wait for your approval, normally takes a few hours
- Transfer the money out of our Ibotta account into your PayPal, order a gift card to your favorite store or even donate the money any US school)
What I think is the coolest feature of Ibotta is that the rebates you earn are on top of any coupons or store incentives you may have received when you purchased the item which can make the item free in a lot of cases.
For instance last week I had coupons for $1.50 off of 2 boxes of Quaker Instant Oatmeal which was a BOGO at my Publix and there was a Publix digital coupon for $1 off 2 boxes as well, this made the boxes come out to 45 cents a piece, super deal if you ask me, but it got better.
Ibotta had a similar rebate in their app for a 50 cent rebate which made the boxes only 22.5 cents apiece, not a lot of money but every penny counts when you are trying to save money.
I typically can come up with at least $5 -$10 a week in rebates through Ibotta without buying anything that was not on my list and with their cash out minimum of $20, I get either a deposit into my PayPal or a $20 gift card at least once a month, sometime twice for just taking a few extra minutes while I am watching tv on the couch to browse the app and unlock and verify rebates, it really is super easy free money.
There is a special going on for new members where you get a $10 credit when you use the Ibotta app for the first time and verify a purchase, then you only need $10 in rebates to get your first payout which always happens within 24 hours of cashing out.
If you are looking for another way to save money then I highly suggest you check out the Ibotta App, click on the image below to get started for free.